SPOT offers peace of mind by allowing you to track your assets, notify friends and family of your GPS position and status, mark waypoints, track your progress on Google Maps™ or notify rescue officials in an emergency.
Call, Message, and Track Beyond Cellular
The SPOT product family offers peace of mind beyond the boundaries of cellular. Whether you want to check in, make calls or monitor your prized possessions, SPOT uses 100% satellite technology to keep you connected to the people and things that matters most, all while using the world’s most modern satellite network.
SPOT Trace tracks your most valuable assets virtually anywhere in the world, using your phone or computer. Affordable and easy to use, it’s a no-brainer for your cars, boats, motorcycles, toys and other valuables.
SPOT Gen3 provides location-based messaging and emergency notification technology that allows you to communicate from remote locations around the globe. It offers custom tracking interval options, motion-activated tracking, long-life battery and more.
The SPOT product family uses both the GPS satellite network to determine a customer’s location and the Globalstar network of satellites to transmit messages and GPS coordinates to others. SPOT offers several ways to access off-the-grid communication:
• Theft-Alerting – Instantly receive a text or email when your most valuable assets move, or follow them on Google Maps™ anytime on your phone or computer. (Available with SPOT Trace.)
• Rescue – In severe emergency situations, users can send emergency SOS notification to GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) using the SOS button or dialing 9-1-1. For less serious situations, reach out to family and friends for assistance using SPOT Help/Assist. (Available for Gen3 and GPS Messenger.)
• Check In – With a touch of a button, users can let friends and family know everything is going as planned and there is no need for alarm. (Available for SPOT Gen3 and GPS Messenger.)
• Track Progress – Allows the user’s GPS location to be transmitted in real-time via Google Maps™. (Available for SPOT Gen3 and GPS Messenger.)
Who Needs SPOT?
Anyone who travels by land, sea and air! Since its launch, SPOT’s satellite technology has provided peace of mind by helping initiate more than 4,000 rescues and counting and providing GPS tracking services. Over the past five years, recreational outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, government agency employees, National Geographic explorers and photographers, and researchers are just some of the people that have benefited from using SPOT.
As SPOT continues to grow, we remain committed to offering affordable assistance to those who may need it. Now with the new SPOT Trace, everyone can benefit from SPOT’s satellite technology. Track valuable assets and receive a text or email when movement is detected.
Land. Sea. Air. SPOT has you covered around the world.
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Africa, and North-Eastern Asia and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas. In Russia, the GPS accuracy of your SPOT is limited (degraded) in accordance with Russian regulations restricting the accuracy of GPS performance for devices utilized in Russia.
96% OR BETTER PROBABILITY OF SUCCESSFULLY SENDING A SINGLE MESSAGE WITHIN 20 MINUTES.
REDUCED COVERAGE AVAILABLE WITHIN A 20 MINUTE PERIOD.
Last Updated 2017-06-07. Estimated coverage area. Actual coverage may vary. Success rates are forecasts for a SPOT messenger to successfully deliver a single message during a 20-minute period, based on network availability. Additionally, in everyday conditions it is normal for some messages to be blocked by your environment, such as hills or buildings. That ‘s why the SPOT Messenger is scheduled to automatically send multiple messages in every mode – giving you excellent overall reliability.
How It Works
SPOT sends your GPS location and data to orbiting commercial satellites.
• GPS satellites provide signals
• SPOT messenger’s onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites
• Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world
• Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network
• Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Center
|Enhanced Services ONLY available with Gen3:
SPOT Gen3’s customized tracking features takes your SPOT experience to the next level. Only with SPOT Gen3, is tracking motion-activated regardless of the level of tracking you choose (Basic or Extreme).
A vibration sensor tells your SPOT to send track updates when you are moving and to stop when you do. (This is a great new battery-saving feature! And, you don’t have to remember to re-set your tracking after 24 hours.)
Pre-set your SPOT Gen3 to send tracks at the speed of your adventures. Change your tracks to send every 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes. SPOT Gen3 will send tracks at your chosen rate for as long as your device is turned on and moving (no need to re-set after 24 hours). Tracking doesn’t stop until you do.
Extreme Tracking Get all of the great features of Basic Tracking, but with the added ability to vary your track rate down to every 2 ½ minutes. Don’t miss a step with increased track rates!
Enhanced Features ONLY available with SPOT Gen3:
Longer Battery Life SPOT Gen3 has approximately twice the battery life of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger!Battery Options Now there are more options for how you power your SPOT:
4 AAA Energizer® NiMH reusable batteries (NH12)
Line power with a 5v USB connection. (SPOT Gen3 is not waterproof when line powered.)
Track Anything. Anytime. Anywhere.®
• Receive text/email messages when movement is detected
• Satellite technology tracks where cell phones don’t
• Monitor assets in near real-time using Google Maps™
• Long battery life, compact and easy to install
• Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals
SPOT Trace’s customized tracking features takes your SPOT experience to the next level. SPOT Trace allows you to select 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals. View your asset’s GPS coordinates online in near real-time with Google Maps.
Receive text and/or email notifications when your SPOT Trace’s vibration sensor detects your asset has new movement.
Configure SPOT Trace to track an asset that is primarily stored on the water.
POWER OFF MESSAGE
Receive a notification if SPOT Trace is powered off.
LOW BATTERY MESSAGE<
Receive a notification when SPOT Trace’s batteries are low.
Receive a daily alert to let you know your asset is secure.